Background: ActionAid USA is the U.S. branch of ActionAid International, a network operating in more than 50 countries in partnership with communities and allied organizations to build a just, equitable, and sustainable world. Towards that end, we influence U.S. policy and international institutions, elevate marginalized voices in the halls of power, and mobilize resources from foundations and individuals.
ActionAid USA is a registered 501(c)(3) based in Washington, DC. All our work is underpinned by a set of feminist leadership principles: Self-awareness, Self-care and caring for others, Dismantling bias, Inclusion, Sharing power, Responsible & transparent use of power, Accountable collaboration, Respectful feedback, Courage and Zero tolerance against discrimination and abuse of power. Please visit our website to learn more about our vision and mission.
ActionAid USA seeks a fundraising consultant to conduct a scoping of the corporate philanthropy market in the US, ActionAid USA’s readiness to roll out a corporate engagement program, and a plan of action for doing so. The consultancy will begin in April 2021 and will run for 2-3 months. ActionAid USA’s budget for this consultancy is $18,000-23,000.
The consultant will help ActionAid USA to determine if and how to effectively roll out a corporate fundraising program. They will also work with us to develop a corporate fundraising strategy that aligns with our values and revenue goals.
To assess the US corporate philanthropic market and the readiness of ActionAid USA to implement a targeted, strategic, and comprehensive corporate partnership program, including the following:
- Analyze market trends
- Assess the organization’s internal readiness to successfully pursue targeted corporate funding opportunities
- Build an action plan for pursuing corporate funding
TASK: Market Trends
Benchmarking as it relates to corporate giving to the international development sector, including case studies of 3-5 corporates that are aligned to ActionAid mission and thematic priorities, taking into account ActionAid corporate engagement requirements.
TASK: Internal Readiness
Research will focus on the competitive positioning of our organization, a foundational review of our funding portfolio, and determination of how best to immediately address and prepare for new opportunities.
TASK: Action Plan
Strategy for corporate engagement, including staffing needs, budget requirements, points of entry, expected challenges and pre-emptive mitigation techniques.
ActionAid USA will evaluate bidders and proposals based on the following criteria:
- Experience and proven success supporting similarly-sized, US-based non-profits with corporate fundraising.
- Case studies/shareable deliverables from previous or current projects.
- Costs and timeline: Breakdown of consultancy costs and timeline for carrying out the work.
- Response to the following focus areas in a cover letter:
- Summary of your approach to or philosophy for working with a small nonprofit with limited resources.
- Overview of similar NGOs with whom you have partnered to develop and/or carry out corporate fundraising strategies, including successes and challenges.
- Potential roadblocks you foresee in carrying out this project.
Bidders must adhere to the following guidelines to be considered:
- Only bidders who meet all four metrics in the Evaluation section should submit a proposal.
- Proposals must be received by March 31, 2021.
- Include references with your proposal.
- Proposals should not be more than four pages.
Our commitment to safeguarding
ActionAid is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting from our work. ActionAid expects all staff, consultants and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Please send all bids to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please write “Corporate Philanthropy Consultant RFP.” No phone calls, please.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified bids will receive consideration for engagement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.